Thursday 1 October 2009

Towner Panoraama

My theme, I've now decided, will be the age of buildings, or something like that. The ruins of Pevensy Castle will be the oldest and then for a modern building I took a panorama in the Towner art gallery in Eastbourne. It's the most modern looking building I could think of and I thought it would be good if I could get the sea, and the building, in the shot.

However when I got there i found that the most photogenic side of the building, wasn't opposite the sea and the side facing the seafront was a bit boring. So I decided to take the 360 photo inside the building.



This is the corridor on the top floor of the building. I chose this location because I wasn't allowed to take any photos that had any artwork in, so it would have been impossible to have a 360 degree panorama in a gallery, without including any art. I also chose it because there was a large window at either end with views from quite high up.

On one side there was a rather long, plain white wall so I have cheated a bit by removing part of the wall, so that the viewer doesn't have to scroll through an empty, white space.

This is a contact sheet of all the photos I took which shows the plain wall:


















I am going to take another panorama of a modern building, or buildings as I don't think that this one was very successful. I will take the next panoramic photo at the harbour, in Eastbourne because all of the buildings are fairly modern, and it is quite picturesque.

No comments:

Post a Comment