Thursday 15 April 2010

...Interface

During the story, Bertie and Percy find 3 clues leading to their treasure. For these scenes I was going to just have the text of the clue on a plain background, with just the buttons and no text box at the bottom:


But then I decided that this was too boring and I added in a background:



The font I used is called Booter. I am using it for all the clues and the text on the treasure map.


I picked Booter (bottom one) from all those fonts above because it was pirate-ey but not too 'Pirates of the Caribbean' (top left)


The gradient mesh on the map isn't quite in keeping with the rest of the Bertie The Pirate graphics, but I thought that It was ok to use it just this once, because it looks more like a real map and is a lot nicer than the   first version I did:


No comments:

Post a Comment