Tuesday 20 April 2010

Interactivity

Something I noticed when I did my research, and something that was mentioned during my crit was the idea of having more interactivity than just clicking on the next or back buttons.

From Cbeebies

I already had the scene where you have to find the X spot where the treasure is buried:

 but now I've made some more scenes with interactive buttons that work in the same way. The new button objects link to the next scene but the next button can still be used instead.

Because there's no voice over for the instructions, I put in an arrow so that children who can't read can still understand what they have to do. And a glow on hover to make it obvious

During Voiceover

After Voiceover

On Hover


I did this by extending the timeline on all the layers until the voiceover ended and then added in actionscript to prevent it from looping. Then I made a new layer called 'clickon' which has the instruction at the top, the arrow and the clue/map/X as a button. This layer only appears after Marie's mum has finished reading.




Sound Effects

I decided it would be fun to have sound effects that play as you mouse over objects. To make Pecky squawk I put invisible buttons over him in some scenes with a nice big hit state and the sound effect in the over state.




Ticking clock


No comments:

Post a Comment