Saturday 11 December 2010

Stained Glass Windows

My new idea is to use stained glass windows (made of acetate) for all the visuals in the advert.
Here is my second animatic which includes some of the artwork I've made:


For most of the 'windows' I designed them in illustrator to get nice curves and straight lines, then traced it with the outline paste on the acetate.


 Then i used glass paint to colour it in.



Chambord Chateau was hard to simplify for the stained glass window. I had to make it a lot more simple so i could paint it on the a4 acetate without having tiny blocks of colour for each turret and window.

Book Stop motion


To make the book open I used things to hold it up like this mug:

And then i just held it up with my hand, in two different positions so that I could mask one of the hands out in Photoshop.

Louis XIV

Louis XIV was quite easy to turn into a stained glass window. I found a painting of him on the internet, and used the shape of an existing stained glass window to make an outline around the image which fitted quite well. Then I drew the black outlines onto the image in illustrator, coloured it using live paint, printed it out, painted it on acetate, scanned it in, and changed the colours again on photoshop because the blue glass paint was really hard to mix and kept making everything black. For his face I just copied it in from the downloaded original painting and flattened out the colour to look like an etched pane of glass.

Raspberry

The Raspberry outline was taken from an image off the internet, and the background shape was taken from the box that Chambord Liqueur comes in: 
I drew four diamonds to get a bit of variety and then copied them and blended them together to make a full 1280x720 pixel screen of them:
The gaussian blur on the background is to imitate a pull focus when the raspberry drops in.

No comments:

Post a Comment