Monday 1 March 2010

Browsers

Opening my site in firefox:

I found that it had put horrible borders around the images.
I fixed this by just putting

#content img {
border:none;
}

However there were a lot of problems when i opened it in IE; the nav bar was right off the screen on the right, the text shadows didn't show (in IE7) and the cursor didn't change to pointer on the links.
These were quite easy to fix in the IE7 and IE8 CSS files but then the website looked wrong in Safari!

After much confusion I realised there was a problem with my conditional comments:

Because the ie css links aren't commented out (grey) safari reads all of them and uses all the rules from all the css files.

After I fixed this though, all was well.



Now the non ie browsers only read the safox.css

No comments:

Post a Comment